August 26, 2011

Friday Picture Treat

My son Asher and I just finished our first week of school together.  I know now and I know I will look back over time and understand that our days learning together are so precious and of a great great value.  I picked a book written by Rob D. Walker and illustrated by Leo and Diane Dillon for this week's picture treat because it is a great way to finish off our first week.
Mama says be strong  Mama says be bright  Mama says sometimes hard work may keep you up at night.

Mama says be honest  Mama says be true  Mama says to put my heart in everything I do.
I can't say enough about how much I admire Leo and Diane Dillon's work.  There are great words about them at JVJ publishing illustrators site www.bpib.com/l&dillon.htm and a great collection on google images of some of their work. 

I hope to see some of you at the Arts and Faith Festival at Brookstown United Methodist tomorrow.  I will be presenting some of my work and speaking at 10 a.m. if your up at at'em at that time! Check my August 12th post titled Arts and Faith Festival Coming Soon for details if you need them.   Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment