October 5, 2011

Flight Into Egypt


Last night I completed the first Christmas design for the season.  My scanner couldn't handle the width so the edges look a bit cut off here.  I wanted to create a sense of Joseph's protection over his wife and new baby as he followed God's orders to flee into Egypt. I wanted Joseph and his family to be surrounded by the protection of God in Heaven.  I have the color of the Heavens here reflected on the face of the baby Jesus. It's almost like looking down through a portal onto an event on Earth.  Now that this one is done, it is once again time for the "What Comes Next" challenge! 

2 comments:

  1. It is incredible. It has so much depth, it's almost 3d. The branches at the bottom make an optical effect too. Haunty beautiful and neat like a snowglobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they encircle the baby to protect and how the circle around the family continues that. Also the folds in the fabric are wonderful. Beautiful as always! :)

    ReplyDelete