December 3, 2011

Christmas Treasures

I have a highly treasured collection of antique Christmas annuals.  They are called "American Annuals of Christmas Literature and Art".  Augsburg Publishing House began putting them out in 1932.  They are beautiful on so many levels.  They have become one of the highlights of how I celebrate Christmas.  They are full of art, poems, scriptures, illustrated hymns, stories, articles and meditations on Christmas.  I'm getting a late start, but I will do my best to share bits and pieces of them for the month of December.

1945 cover illustrated by Lee Mero
illustration by Elizabeth Martin

1938 photograph

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Christmas Annual is the Elizabeth Martin "Lazarus" illustration from?

    ReplyDelete