August 28, 2014

Finishing Up Summer

We are at the end of August and the beginning of another school year...the garden is pretty well exhausted and seed pods are busting open. Vacation is over and I feel like I am finishing up summer. 
My talented daughter Alice painted this for me after we returned home from a week at the ocean. I have placed it so it is the first thing I see when I wake up.  I miss the ocean...I miss it deeply...
Finished up "From Where I Stand" so that I can get to work on this year's Christmas designs.  I thought this was a fitting final piece for the summer...
 
I know that as soon as the cool air starts cutting through morning coffee hour that I will be charged and eager for Autumn and stew, sweaters and getting new bulbs tucked into the garden. Until then, I am still drinking in the sunshine and zinnias!
 
 

4 comments: