July 7, 2011

Summer Art Camp 2011

Izzy
Alice
Garnet
For the past three summers I have hosted art camp here for young artists ranging from 4th to 8th grade.  This year was special in that it consisted of myself, my 12 year old daughter Alice and her dear friend Izzy.  Having such a small group allowed me to participate in the project along with the girls.  We spent a week illustrating a book from 1966 that I found at a sale called Attic of the Wind by Doris Herold Lund.  The illustrator, Ati Forberg did beautiful and airy mixed media paintings to go along with the verse. We tried to keep in that spirit with our own versions.  Here are Izzy, Alice and my efforts for the first page. 
What happens to things that blow away, like bubbles you blew one sunny day? Where did they all go anyway? To the Attic of the Wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment