November 23, 2011

It's That Time!

Happy Thanksgiving!  It is such a wonderful practice to focus on our blessedness and to give thanks for every good thing.  It is time for many of my favorite things in life to take place. 

The light in the morning this time of year is so inspiring. 

I can't help myself.  I decorate my tree before Thanksgiving now.  I used to wait until the day after, but I just get too excited, and one of the luxuries of being an adult (with childish Christmas glee) is that you don't have to wait if you don't want to! 

It's time for clementines!
It's time to make sure the bird feeders are full.
It's time for me to clean out the bird bath.
It's time for the holly berries to turn bright red.  A neighbor told me yesterday, that when the holly bushes make lots and lots of berries like this that it is a sign that we are in for a long, cold winter.  Hmmm...
It's time to harvest my miniature pomegranates for holiday decorating.  They are a touch too sour to eat. 

It's time, as it is always time, for me to give thanks for the over abundance of God's grace and love and protection and blessing over my life. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos! And I have that coffee can in brown! It was my grandmother's. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete