November 9, 2011

A Perfect Afternoon

In efforts of soaking in as much as possible of the perfectly beautiful weather we enjoyed today, I lugged some of my paints out into the back yard and began what I hope will be a new practice for me.  Asher has a basket of old unfinished wooden blocks that children use for building towers.  I painted one today.  I put the date on it when I finished.  I would like to think that I will over time manage to paint every block in the basket.  I envision that by the time I have grandchildren of my own ( many years from now) that I will be able to offer them a whole beautiful set of hand painted and dated blocks, each reflecting a day or thought from when they were made.  Maybe I'm going crazy...





1 comment:

  1. What a really, really cool idea - what an amazing set it will be!

    ReplyDelete